Monday 7 September 2009

RICHARD FREEMAN: Notes from the front

Our expedition looms closer: next Sunday we will fly out to Sumatra once again. It will be good to see our guide Sahar once again. I believe Debbie Martyr will be out of the country so unfortunately we will miss her.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream of seeing a pair of orang-pendek on the outskirts of a village. Adam Davies has had a recurring dream of seeing an orang-pendek, also on the outskirts of a village. My girlfriend Lisa, however, has had a reccuring dream of me being constricted by a huge snake near some water. Make of that what you will! No Comment. Ed.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about the giant horned snakes that are said to live in the jungle, and the cigau - the savage big cat whose description sounds very like a scimitar cat.
I'm also wondering how much deforestation has occured in the five years since I was last there.

No comments:

Post a Comment