Monday 14 September 2009

NO NEWS IS....

Somewhere between here and Singapore are four intrepid travellers from the CFZ. I have not heard a dickybird from them since they left, but one has to assume that everything is OK. I always think that an expedition in transit is almost like Schrödinger's eponymous Cat in that it exists in a state of almost quantum indeterminacy until it finally gets to its chosen destination and makes its existence obvious.

So as I always do under these circumstances, I quote a few lines from Patriot (a single) by Scott Walker from his glorious 1995 album Tilt, which I would love to say is a CFZ favourite, but in fact everyone hates it except for me and Max:

The good news you cannot refuse/The bad news is there is no news

Don't know what I am talking about? Watch this:

No comments:

Post a Comment